On April 6, United States President Donald Trump authorized an early morning Tomahawk missile strike on Shayrat Air Base in central Syria in retaliation for what he said was a deadly nerve agent attack carried out by the Syrian government two days earlier in the rebel-held town of Khan Sheikhoun. Trump issued the order despite having been warned by the U.S. intelligence community that it had found no evidence that the Syrians had used a chemical weapon.
The available intelligence made clear that the Syrians had targeted a jihadist meeting site on April 4 using a Russian-supplied guided bomb equipped with conventional explosives. Details of the attack, including information on its so-called high-value targets, had been provided by the Russians days in advance to American and allied military officials in Doha, whose mission is to coordinate all U.S., allied, Syrian and Russian Air Force operations in the region.
Some American military and intelligence officials were especially distressed by the president’s determination to ignore the evidence. “None of this makes any sense,” one officer told colleagues upon learning of the decision to bomb. “We KNOW that there was no chemical attack … the Russians are furious. Claiming we have the real intel and know the truth … I guess it didn’t matter whether we elected Clinton or Trump.“
- He Said That? 6/19/18 June 19, 2018
- Outrage, by Raúl Ilargi Meijer June 19, 2018
- Paul Ryan Pushing Towards Amnesty? The Latest in the Immigration Fight, by Joe Guzzardi June 19, 2018
- Shanghai Plunges 3.2%, below 3,000 for 1st Time in 2 Years, After Trump Threatens to Massively Escalate Trade War and China Threatens to Massively Retaliate, by Wolf Richter June 19, 2018
- Trump and the Invasion of the West, by Patrick Buchanan June 19, 2018
- Senate: Two-Tiered Justice System in FBI Clinton/Trump Investigations, by Sara A. Carter June 19, 2018
- Failed States, Part 1: Hopeless European Millennials And The Populist Takeover, by John Rubino June 19, 2018
- Is Merkel’s End Right Around the Corner? by Tom Luongo June 19, 2018
- American Pravda: The JFK Assassination, Part I – What Happened? by Ron Unz June 19, 2018
- You Should Be Laughing At Them! June 18, 2018
- He Said That? 6/18/18 June 18, 2018
- Yet Another Case Of Fake News Spin – Obama Separated Immigrant Families At The Border, Too, by Duane Norman June 18, 2018
- Why Can’t We Sue the TSA For Assault? by Ron Paul June 18, 2018
- The IG Report Was a Whitewash and Devastating All At Once, by Kurt Schlichter June 18, 2018
- Bringing Julian Assange Home, by John Pilger June 18, 2018
TRADE, NOT AID!Unlike many websites, Straight Line Logic does not solicit donations. If you're going to lay out your hard-earned money, you should get something in exchange. If you like the site and want to support it, buy The Golden Pinnacle or The Gordian Knot, either as a book or download. The links are on the right-hand side of the page, in the Blogroll section. You'll be supporting the site, and getting a great book and hours of enjoyable reading.
- Follow STRAIGHT LINE LOGIC on WordPress.com
Neil M. Dunn on Outrage, by Raúl Ilargi M… neilmdunn on Outrage, by Raúl Ilargi M… Robert Gore on He Said That? 6/19/18 neilmdunn on He Said That? 6/19/18 Neil M. Dunn on Despite ‘New, Tough Sanc… Miseries unleashed b… on You Will Be Poor, by Robert… Robert Gore on Bringing Julian Assange Home,… tonytran2015 on Bringing Julian Assange Home,…