On April 6, United States President Donald Trump authorized an early morning Tomahawk missile strike on Shayrat Air Base in central Syria in retaliation for what he said was a deadly nerve agent attack carried out by the Syrian government two days earlier in the rebel-held town of Khan Sheikhoun. Trump issued the order despite having been warned by the U.S. intelligence community that it had found no evidence that the Syrians had used a chemical weapon.
The available intelligence made clear that the Syrians had targeted a jihadist meeting site on April 4 using a Russian-supplied guided bomb equipped with conventional explosives. Details of the attack, including information on its so-called high-value targets, had been provided by the Russians days in advance to American and allied military officials in Doha, whose mission is to coordinate all U.S., allied, Syrian and Russian Air Force operations in the region.
Some American military and intelligence officials were especially distressed by the president’s determination to ignore the evidence. “None of this makes any sense,” one officer told colleagues upon learning of the decision to bomb. “We KNOW that there was no chemical attack … the Russians are furious. Claiming we have the real intel and know the truth … I guess it didn’t matter whether we elected Clinton or Trump.“
- FBI uncovered Russian bribery plot before Obama administration approved controversial nuclear deal with Moscow, by John Solomon and Alison Spain October 18, 2017
- Washington: The Bleeder of the ‘Free World’, by Finian Cunningham October 18, 2017
- Europe’s Lost Testicles, by Robert Gore October 18, 2017
- He Said That? 10/17/19 October 17, 2017
- If Catalonia Fails, We All Fail, by Michael Krieger October 17, 2017
- Is it Wrong to Question the Official Story When Tragedy Strikes? by Joe Jarvis October 17, 2017
- This Is How Tyranny Rises and Freedom Falls: The Experiment in Freedom Is Failing, by John W. Whitehead October 17, 2017
- Why Have Investigations of Wall Street Disappeared from Corporate Media? by Pam Martens and Russ Martens October 17, 2017
- Is War With Iran Now Inevitable? by Patrick J. Buchanan October 17, 2017
- The United States of Weinstein: Complicity, Greed and Corruption Is the Status Quo, by Charles Hugh Smith October 17, 2017
- The 10 Richest Counties In America 2017, by Rebecca Lerner October 17, 2017
- Ex-DEA Agent Blasts Congress And Drug Industry For Creating The Opioid Crisis, by Mac Slavo October 17, 2017
- Car-Bomb Kills “One-Woman WikiLeaks” Who Led The Panama Papers Revelations, by Tyler Durden October 17, 2017
- She Said That? 10/16/17 October 16, 2017
- How Obamacare Fuels The Obesity Epidemic, by Duane Norman October 16, 2017
TRADE, NOT AID!Unlike many websites, Straight Line Logic does not solicit donations. If you're going to lay out your hard-earned money, you should get something in exchange. If you like the site and want to support it, buy The Golden Pinnacle or The Gordian Knot, either as a book or download. The links are on the right-hand side of the page, in the Blogroll section. You'll be supporting the site, and getting a great book and hours of enjoyable reading.
- Follow STRAIGHT LINE LOGIC on WordPress.com