On April 6, United States President Donald Trump authorized an early morning Tomahawk missile strike on Shayrat Air Base in central Syria in retaliation for what he said was a deadly nerve agent attack carried out by the Syrian government two days earlier in the rebel-held town of Khan Sheikhoun. Trump issued the order despite having been warned by the U.S. intelligence community that it had found no evidence that the Syrians had used a chemical weapon.
The available intelligence made clear that the Syrians had targeted a jihadist meeting site on April 4 using a Russian-supplied guided bomb equipped with conventional explosives. Details of the attack, including information on its so-called high-value targets, had been provided by the Russians days in advance to American and allied military officials in Doha, whose mission is to coordinate all U.S., allied, Syrian and Russian Air Force operations in the region.
Some American military and intelligence officials were especially distressed by the president’s determination to ignore the evidence. “None of this makes any sense,” one officer told colleagues upon learning of the decision to bomb. “We KNOW that there was no chemical attack … the Russians are furious. Claiming we have the real intel and know the truth … I guess it didn’t matter whether we elected Clinton or Trump.“
- He Said That July 23, 2017
- May the farce be with you, by Lee Travis July 23, 2017
- Moscow, Baghdad Sign Huge Arms Deal, by Peter Korzun July 23, 2017
- Man Behind Trump “Dossier” Subpoenaed After Refusing To Testify, Will Plead The Fifth, by Tyler Durden July 23, 2017
- Fusion GPS Illuminates the Brave New World of Manufactured News for Hire, by Lee Smith July 23, 2017
- Iran Dominates in Iraq After U.S. ‘Handed the Country Over’, by Tim Arango July 23, 2017
- Strip Mining the World, by Robert Gore July 23, 2017
- She Said That? 7/22/17 July 22, 2017
- Our Relationship with Saudi Arabia Is an Embarrassment, by Michael Brendan Dougherty July 22, 2017
- Our Options in Korea: Only One Is Lawful and Peaceful, by Paul W. Lovinger July 22, 2017
- Could Trump End the Syrian War? by Eric Margolis July 22, 2017
- How the Elites Betrayed Working-Class America, by Bill Bonner July 22, 2017
- Professor Rages “My University Treated Me Like A Criminal Over A Joke”, by Trent Bertrand July 22, 2017
- Sweden: A Failed State? by Judith Bergman July 22, 2017
- A Coup in the House of Saud? by Pepe Escobar July 22, 2017
TRADE, NOT AID!Unlike many websites, Straight Line Logic does not solicit donations. If you're going to lay out your hard-earned money, you should get something in exchange. If you like the site and want to support it, buy The Golden Pinnacle or The Gordian Knot, either as a book or download. The links are on the right-hand side of the page, in the Blogroll section. You'll be supporting the site, and getting a great book and hours of enjoyable reading.
- Follow STRAIGHT LINE LOGIC on WordPress.com