On April 6, United States President Donald Trump authorized an early morning Tomahawk missile strike on Shayrat Air Base in central Syria in retaliation for what he said was a deadly nerve agent attack carried out by the Syrian government two days earlier in the rebel-held town of Khan Sheikhoun. Trump issued the order despite having been warned by the U.S. intelligence community that it had found no evidence that the Syrians had used a chemical weapon.
The available intelligence made clear that the Syrians had targeted a jihadist meeting site on April 4 using a Russian-supplied guided bomb equipped with conventional explosives. Details of the attack, including information on its so-called high-value targets, had been provided by the Russians days in advance to American and allied military officials in Doha, whose mission is to coordinate all U.S., allied, Syrian and Russian Air Force operations in the region.
Some American military and intelligence officials were especially distressed by the president’s determination to ignore the evidence. “None of this makes any sense,” one officer told colleagues upon learning of the decision to bomb. “We KNOW that there was no chemical attack … the Russians are furious. Claiming we have the real intel and know the truth … I guess it didn’t matter whether we elected Clinton or Trump.“
- Why California Has the Nation’s Worst Poverty Rate, by Ryan McMaken January 19, 2018
- ‘We’re Killing These Kids, We’re Breaking the Army!’, by Danny Sjursen January 19, 2018
- A Bombshell House Intelligence report exposing extensive FISA abuse could lead to the removal of senior government officials, by Sara Carter January 19, 2018
- They “Said” That? 1/18/18 January 18, 2018
- The Virtuous Poor in America, by xrugger January 18, 2018
- Chinese Government Propaganda is Being Enthusiastically Embraced at U.S. Universities, by Michael Krieger January 18, 2018
- Bacon, by Robert Bronsdon (Hollywood Rob) January 18, 2018
- An “Extreme Warning” From Our Doom Index, by Bill Bonner January 18, 2018
- Punch-Drunk Investors & Extinct Bears, Part 1: by Pater Tenebrarum January 18, 2018
- Did Donald Trump Change His Mind on Domestic Spying? by Andrew P. Napolitano January 18, 2018
- Cryptocurrencies – Questioning The Value Proposition, by Stephen Englander January 18, 2018
- Olympic Games In South Korea – Perfect Opportunity For A False Flag Attack? by Brandon Smith January 18, 2018
- FBI Investigating Millions Of “Mishandled” Dollars Funneled From Australian Govt To Clinton Foundation, by Tyler Durden January 18, 2018
- He Said That? 1/17/18 January 17, 2018
- Imagine If You Will, from The Burning Platform January 17, 2018
TRADE, NOT AID!Unlike many websites, Straight Line Logic does not solicit donations. If you're going to lay out your hard-earned money, you should get something in exchange. If you like the site and want to support it, buy The Golden Pinnacle or The Gordian Knot, either as a book or download. The links are on the right-hand side of the page, in the Blogroll section. You'll be supporting the site, and getting a great book and hours of enjoyable reading.
- Follow STRAIGHT LINE LOGIC on WordPress.com