Remember when coronavirus measures were advertised as temporary, just long enough to flatten the curve so emergency rooms wouldn’t be overrun. That was a lie, and the measures are getting more draconian and repressive long after the curve has been flattened. From Kit Knightly at off-guardian.com:
From mandatory masks to mandatory tests to mandatory track-and-trace, the roll-out is on.
It’s been a big few days for the New Normal narrative and, through the deliberately cultivated haze of confusion, it’s not hard to see the world they want to build is taking shape.
1. Australia’s Curfew
The state of Victoria, and the city of Melbourne, have declared a “state of disaster” and instituted a lockdown and curfew. The state’s 6.3 million inhabitants, nearly 5 million in the city, have to follow these restrictions:
- Workplaces and shops that are not deemed essential will close or reduce their hours from Wednesday midnight but services such as supermarkets, petrol stations and doctors will remain open.
- “Permitted” or essential workers will have to carry a special permit to work outside the home.
- There is a nightly curfew in force: between the hours of 8pm and 5am you cannot leave home except for work or to get or provide urgent care.
- You must stay within five kilometres of your home to shop or exercise.
- If you leave the house to exercise, it should be for only one hour each day.
- While up to two people can still exercise together, people should shop on their own – groups in public, even from the same household, are no longer allowed.
- Schools will shift to remote learning except for vulnerable students and children of permitted workers.
- Childcare centres will close to all but vulnerable children and those of essential workers.
- Funerals can continue with a maximum of 10 people but weddings are off except for rare, compassionate reasons.
2. UK Doctor: “Men should take female hormones to prevent Covid19 infection”
Dr Amir Khan appeared on ITV’s Good Morning Britain today, suggesting men – who are notionally at increased risk of coronavirus infection – should take a contraceptive pill filled with oestrogen. His theory, which he did not support with research, is that the oestrogen will boost the male immune system.
Hormone treatment is a big deal, potentially dangerous and seriously life-changing. To suggest its use to treat a disease which is harmless in over 95% of cases is borderline insanity, especially with no research to back it up. We tweeted about at the time, but GMB’s twitter account has since deleted the video.
At a time when doctors are named-and-shamed (and even fired) for suggesting a known safe medicine like HCQ, or sites like ours are branded “misinformation” for pointing out that PCR tests are unreliable, that a man should appear on national television making such ridiculous claims boggles the mind.