Ethics apparently are out the window when $5 billion is on the line. From Meike Leonard at dailymail.co.uk:
- Members of the Covid-19 advisory board claim crucial data was withheld
- Omitted study showed that new booster was LESS effective than original jab
- Though data was limited, advisors say it should have been shown to them
- US taxpayers have forked out $5billion for new booster, with very low uptake
- Vaccine advisory board say they’re ‘disappointed’ and ‘angry’ at omission
Vaccine advisors who signed off on the updated shot late last year claim they were not shown trial data that indicated the booster was actually less effective at preventing Covid than the older vaccine it was meant to replace.
While the early trial results had substantial limitations, ‘disappointed’ and ‘angry advisors say its omission from panel discussions shows a remarkable lack of transparency.