Slowly, very slowly, we’re getting to the truth about the FBI’s anti-Trump effort. From Tyler Durden at zerohedge.com:
- Last week, an unredacted House Intel Committee report revealed that former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe told Congressional investigators that the FBI had virtually no case against former National Security Advisor Mike Flynn, and “The two people who interviewed [Flynn] didn’t think he was lying[.]”
- “[N]ot [a] great beginning of a false statement case.” McCabe told the Committee.
- The same House Intel report revealed that James Comey contradicted himself in a Fox News interview when he denied telling lawmakers those agents thought Flynn was telling the truth, when in fact he did.
- There is an unconfirmed rumor that McCabe instructed agents to alter their “302” forms from the Flynn interview, effectively changing their written accounts.
- Now, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) says Comey also told them the FBI thought Flynn was telling the truth – only to say the opposite on Fox.
- Grassley is now zeroing in on the Flynn interview – and has demanded the “302” forms, as well as a sit-down with Special Agent Joe Pientka – who Grassley revealed as the second FBI agent in the Flynn interview aside from Peter Strzok.
- Grassley is also demanding a transcript of the reportedly intercepted calls between Flynn and former Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak central to the Flynn case.
Republican Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa is getting to the bottom of things, and some think he’s laying out a path to exonerate former National Security Advisor Mike Flynn – who pleaded guilty of lying to the FBI over his contacts with former Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak.
It has been suggested that the FBI set Flynn up, and his admission of guilt could have been to avoid sure financial ruin trying to fight the Special Counsel. Others say Flynn was protecting his son, Michael Flynn Jr., who served as his father’s aide for his consulting company, Flynn Intel Group.
To continue reading: Grassley Demands Sit-Down With Mystery FBI Agent To Discuss Flynn “302” Forms