The definition of the word Conundrum is: something that is puzzling or confusing.
Free people are not equal. Equal people are not free.
“A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”
Here are six Conundrums of socialism in the United States of America:
1. America is capitalist and greedy – yet half of the population is subsidized.
2. Half of the population is subsidized – yet they think they are victims.
3. They think they are victims – yet their representatives run the government.
4. Their representatives run the government – yet the poor keep getting poorer.
5. The poor keep getting poorer – yet they have things that people in other countries only dream about.
6. They have things that people in other countries only dream about – yet they want America to be more like those other countries.
Think about it! And that, my friends, pretty much sums up the USA in the 21st Century. Makes you wonder who is doing the math.
These three, short sentences tell you a lot about the direction of our current government and cultural environment:
1. We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works. And here’s another one worth considering…
2. Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money. But we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of money! What’s interesting is the first group “worked for” their money, the second did not.
3. Why are we cutting benefits for our veterans, no pay raises for our military and cutting our army to a level lower than before WWII, but we are not stopping the payments or benefits to illegal aliens.
Am I the only one missing something?
“If you do not take an interest in the affairs of your government, then you are doomed to live under the rule of fools.” – Plato
h/t SLL reader Mike O’Connor
concise, short, to the point and verifiable, all signs of a very well ordered mind. KUDOS to you.
The kudos are not mine. I got this in the mail from a friend with no attribution and I posted it.
Pingback: Nothing New Under The Sun 2016
Illogic throws a spanner in most peoples mental works. It is so hard and stressful to unpick the contradictions that the line of least resistance is to not think about it and just go along with – whatever
The premise is incorrect. The USA has been socialist since 1933, but done covertly so as not to upset the muggles. Cognitive dissonance notwithstanding, there has been a state of emergency in place since 1933, that bypasses the USCON.
. . . .
Senate Report 93-549
War and Emergency Powers Acts
United States, Senate Report 93-549 states: “That since March 09, 1933 the United States has been in a state of declared national emergency.” Proclamation No. 2039 declared by President Franklin D. Roosevelt on March 9, 1933. This declared national emergency has never been revoked and has been codified into the US Code (12 U.S.C. sec. 95a and b).
“A majority of the people of the United States have lived all of their lives under emergency rule. For 40 years (as of the report 1933-1973), freedoms and governmental procedures guaranteed by the Constitution have, in varying degrees, been abridged by laws brought into force by states of national emergency.”
FREEDOMS … GUARANTEED BY THE CONSTITUTION … HAVE BEEN ABRIDGED BY LAWS … UNDER EMERGENCY RULE …
Constitutional U.S.A. (1789 – 1933) R.I.P.
Welcome to the Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of America.