The Democrats are continuing to ignore the white working class voters they ignored in 2016. They shouldn’t be surprised if the outcome in 2020 is the same as in 2016. From Mike Whitney at unz.com:
Here are a few takeaways from the Democratic Convention:
- The Democrats are running on the same platform they ran on in 2016.
- The Democrats put style above substance, flashy optics above ideas or issues.
- The Democrats think that hollow tributes to “diversity” and “inclusion” will win the election.
- The Democrats have abandoned white, working class voters opting instead for people of color.
- The Democrats have learned nothing from Hillary Clinton’s defeat in 2016.
In 2016, Democrat front-runner, Hillary Clinton lost the election because she failed to see her support was eroding in the key Rust Belt states of Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin. Trump won all three states with a measly 77, 651 votes total. All three states were expected to go Democrat but flipped to the GOP due to Clinton’s support for free trade and immigration policies that cost jobs and imposed unwelcome demographic changes on the working people of those states. The Democrats and Hillary have never accepted the factual version of how the election was lost. Instead, they fabricated a conspiracy theory about Trump colluding with Russia. Although the Mueller Report proved that the claims of meddling were baseless, Clinton and the Dems continue to trot them out at every opportunity. On Tuesday at the convention, Hillary again reiterated the lie that Trump stole the election. She said:
“Vote like our lives and livelihoods are on the line, because they are. Remember: Joe and Kamala can win 3 million more votes and still lose. Take it from me. We need numbers so overwhelming Trump can’t sneak or steal his way to victory.”