Chaos, as SLL has repeatedly predicted, will be the order of the day for many years, and reality seems to be conforming nicely to that prediction. From Nikos Chrysoloras at zerohedge.com:
Some scary observations from Bloomberg senior markets reporter Nikos Chrysoloras, as tweeted late on Sunday.
1) BP decided to take a hit of as much as $25 billion, just to leave Russia immediately
3) Russians lined up at cash machines around the country to withdraw foreign currency
4) Unless there’s a surprise de-escalation, Monday may turn out to be a dramatic day for the ruble, Russian stocks, and European markets
5) The European Union closed its airspace to Russia. The blockade applies to any plane owned, chartered or otherwise controlled by a Russian person. Unprecedented
6) The decision to exclude Russian banks from the SWIFT messaging system could result in missed payments and giant overdrafts within the international banking system