The House January 6 investigation is a farce. From Chris Farrell at gatestoneinstitute.org:
- Pelosi’s committee has absolutely nothing to do with the investigation of facts concerning what happened on January 6. It is a transparent political ploy to sensationalize and criminalize all things and persons related to President Donald Trump and political conservatism.
- Pressure from a March 2021 Judicial Watch lawsuit helped lead to the disclosure that Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick died of natural causes. For weeks, Sicknick’s death had been falsely characterized as a cynical lie by members of Congress and their lapdog reporter buddies for political advantage.
- If the government were truly interested in the full disclosure of all the facts and circumstances around the Capitol breach, why would they stonewall Judicial Watch requests? Why force the matter into slow and lengthy litigation? Slow and lengthy? Oh, that’s why!
- Speaking of a criminal conspiracy to obstruct justice — there’s Pelosi’s phone call to General Mark Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff…. You’ll remember that call was purportedly when Pelosi told Milley not to obey President Trump’s orders. We can all look forward to reading the transcript of that call.
- There is a lot to question concerning law enforcement involvement on January 6. The official narrative keeps changing. For example, claims concerning the number of people that died were wrong. Only Babbitt, an unarmed protestor, died that day by Capitol Police gunshot from a still unidentified officer. Protestors supposedly caused $30 million in damage — they did not. There are several other points to question.
- The government is fighting tooth-and-nail not to make the information public. The release of all these records and videos is discretionary — some of the same people calling for investigation are actively blocking release…. Read stories about some of the protestors — how they are being treated and prosecuted — some are still in solitary confinement, others are being “reprogrammed,” and it seems that most are being specifically targeted for their political beliefs.
|Pictured: U.S. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi at a press conference on July 1, 2021, where she announced her appointments of House Democratic members to the select committee to investigate the events of January 6 at the U.S. Capitol. (Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images)|
The House of Representatives just voted to create a select committee to investigate the unrest on Capitol Hill on January 6, 2021. And — surprise, surprise — Representatives Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger crossed over to vote with the Democrats in support of their select committee. Cheney found herself appointed to the select committee by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. She says she is “honored to serve.” Cheney’s Republican primary opponent(s) must be overjoyed.