In a few decades France will be more Islamic than anything else. From Guy Millière at gatestoneinstitutue.org:
- [T]he attitude of the French judiciary to [Hadjadj’s] murder is similar to how it has regarded all murders of Jews in France, for decades.
- First, the authorities always say, as quickly as possible, that the murder of the Jew was not at all motivated by antisemitism. When evidence to the contrary accumulates and becomes impossible to deny, the antisemitic motive may reluctantly be recognized — as with the abduction, torture and murder of Ilan Halimi in 2006; the murder of Sarah Halimi in 2017; and the murder of Mireille Knoll in 2018.
- That the murderers are generally Muslim further encourages the French judiciary not to speak of antisemitism. In fact, it is almost taboo to speak of any Muslim antisemitism in France: Muslim antisemitism is supposed not to exist. All organizations dedicated to fighting antisemitism target only the “far-right.”
- The French authorities and mainstream media describe crime, but do not explain it — meaning that crime is rising but not being fought.
- The French government has declined to document the religion or race of people charged with crimes. Although the refusal may be well-intentioned, it prevents any understanding of what is taking place and consequently any the means of addressing or preventing it.
Posted in Civil Liberties, Collapse, Crime, Economy, Government, Immigration, Labor, Law, Politics, Propaganda, Religion
Tagged Crime, France, Islam, No-go zones
Is Russia the last great hope for civilization? From Batiushka at thesaker.is:
A huge and historic injustice took place in Europe in 1914, which over the next four years left many, many millions dead. Who was responsible? The power-lusting Prussians of Germany, using Austro-Hungarian imperialism as their pawn, or the power-lusting Establishment of Great Britain, using French revanchism as their pawn? Some would say that all were to some extent responsible, though the spontaneous 1914 Christmas Armistice on the Western Front suggests that this was not a War of the peoples, but of the elites. But we shall leave the debate about responsibilities to the academics. We are not concerned by apportioning blame or conspiracies, here we are concerned only by the tragic consequences.
That War, become to some extent worldwide, left millions of dead, the flower of European Youth massacred by sadistic politicians, by greedy arms merchants who also largely controlled the Press, and by heartless generals. Apart from the dead, the forces of evil left behind them a Continent traumatised, tens of millions of shell-shocked, maimed, widows, orphaned and also spinsters, who sixty years after were still dying in lonely and childless old age, as there had been no man to marry. How many hundreds of millions of human tragedies had been caused by human evil, the lust for power and riches. But it was all much worse even than this.
To paraphrase Stalin, one mosque massacre is a tragedy, countless church massacres are a statistic. From Raymond Ibrahim at gatestoneinstitute.org:
- [I]f one non-Muslim attack on a mosque is enough for the UN to institutionalize a special day for Islam, what about the countless, often worse, Muslim attacks on non-Muslim places of worship? Why have they not elicited a similar response from the UN?
- The above list, it should be noted, is hardly comprehensive; there have been many similar attacks on churches — in Egypt alone. But because there were few, if any, fatalities, they received little or no coverage in the Western press.
- This dismissal is especially true for those remote — and, apparently, in the views of Western media, “unimportant” — regions, such as Nigeria, where Christians are being purged hourly in a Muslim-produced genocide. Thus, after noting that Muslims have eliminated 60,000 Christians between just 2009 and 2021, an August 2021 report states that, during that same time frame, Muslims also destroyed or torched 17,500 churches and 2,000 Christian schools. How many undocumented souls perished in those largely unreported terror attacks?
- Therefore, the original question: If one non-Muslim attack on a mosque, which claimed 51 Muslim lives, was enough for the UN to establish an “international day to combat Islamophobia,” why have so many Muslim attacks on churches, which have claimed thousands of Christian lives, not been enough for the UN to establish an “international day to combat Christianophobia”?
If you want to see a place where replacement theory is playing out in real time, check out Europe. From Guilio Meotti at gatestoneinstitute.org:
- There is a replacement of civilization and the media is not even covering it.
- “By 2050, 50 percent of the French population will be mixed.” — Jean-Luc Mélenchon, Radio Classique, May 17, 2021.
- “The mayor of Grenoble adopts the arguments and rhetorical formulas of the Muslim Brotherhood: talking about freedom to impose sexism”. — Céline Pina, Le Figaro, May 4, 2022.
- This wokeism talk pretends to be “inclusive” but carefully excludes entire groups on the clearly racist basis of skin color (whites) or ethnicity (Jews). Wokeism, filled with progressive, racist talk, pretends not to be racist but meanwhile is imbued with the syrupy racist ideology of “diversity” — which advocates replacing a society by immigration. It also promotes political correctness, a deadly virus that paralyzes the vital reflexes of the West. Wokeism is the ideal ground for the debut of political Islam in Europe.
The right to life is the ultimate natural right and if life begins at conception then Alito’s draft opinion reaches the wrong result—leaving the matter up to the states—on the wrong Constitutional rationale. From Andrew P. Napolitano at lewrockwell.com:
In the pilfered draft opinion authored by Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito, he wrote that Roe v. Wade — the court’s 1973 opinion that prohibited the states from banning abortions during the first six months of pregnancy — and Planned Parenthood v. Casey — its 1992 opinion that modified Roe but essentially upheld it — were both egregiously wrong when decided, are egregiously wrong today and so should be overruled.
The practical effect of overruling Roe and Casey will be to return the issue of the lawfulness of abortion to the states, thus liberating all states to legislate as they wish — to ban all abortions or to permit them even AFTER the moment of birth.
Though I agree that Roe and Casey were and are wrong, I do so for reasons differently than those stated in the Alito draft. One of those reasons — that unenumerated rights today must have a long history of recognition — is deeply troubling to those who believe that personal sovereignty trumps governmental power.
If some of the more dire predictions had come true we’d all be dead by now. From Jack Hellner at americanthinker.com:
On the first Earth Day, April 22, 1970, the world was warned that billions would die soon because of a disastrous ice age. The Earth had been cooling for thirty years, and it was about to get much worse. Crops would not survive the ice age, so the people couldn’t be fed. The Earth was cooling even though CO2, the population, and fossil fuel consumption were rising rapidly, which we are told causes warming.
The complicit media dutifully repeated these warnings to scare the public with no questions and no research. The warnings were 100% wrong because they were WAGS (wild-a– guesses) instead of based on scientific data.
In 1922, this was in the Washington Post to scare the public. Again, there was no research or questions or scientific data before they published this piece.
The Arctic Ocean is warming, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot. Reports from fishermen and seal hunters all point to a change in climate conditions (global warming) and unheard of temperatures in the Arctic zone. Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stone, while at many points, wel- known glaciers have entirely disappeared.
It’s hard to see much symbiosis between a Russia returning to its Russian Orthodox roots and Disney, increasingly devoted to the brand of religion known as wokeism. From Robert Bridge at strategic-culture.org:
Russia now finds itself at a moment where it can forever shut the door to a rudderless company that finds itself promoting ideas that are totally at odds with Russian values and beliefs.
Although the news may seem a bit trivial, with war and economic chaos flaring in the background of the global stage, Disney leaving Russia will have the same mental and physical benefits as McDonald’s and Pornhub saying their goodbyes to Europe’s largest consumer market.
One of the results of Moscow’s military operation in Ukraine has been a number of Western companies abandoning Russia, some temporarily, some for good. This odious display of corporate virtue-signaling, conspicuously absent during the U.S.-led wars in Iraq, Libya and Syria, by the way, represents a setback not only for Russia, but the global economy. However, there is at least one silver lining to the ‘walk-out’ that should be celebrated, and that is how Russians will get a reprieve, maybe a permanent one, from the degenerate brain candy of Western entertainment, notably from the Disney Corporation. Disney’s preponderant footprint in Russia includes local productions and television channels, the licensing of content and consumer products, cruises, magazine and tours, among other business.
This is a beautiful, moving story. From Dr. Naomi Wolfe at lewrockwell.com:
Mushroom, our beloved and unbelievably elderly dog, finally passed away. There was a day when he simply pulled his snout back sharply at the offer of food, and from then on, his decline was rapid.
There was a day when I would come into the house and find him slouched like a little black and white parcel in unusual places such as the corners of the dining room, or else I’d see him oddly trying to stand behind the wood stove. There were days during which he lay in his bed, curled in a furry round circle as usual, but scarcely moving; the concern, practically the breath, of angels, was palpably over him.
Brian, my husband, made broths, and tried to feed him with a spoon. At last the spoon was refused, and we knew we did not have long with him.
We called two vets; both were compassionate, but brisk, and quick to suggest euthanasia. “There’s a vet service that comes to your house, very sensitively, to put your dog to sleep,” explained one veterinary assistant. “This woman is great — you will love her.”
“I don’t think I’ll love anyone who is coming over to euthanize my dog,” I blurted out.
Please go to the linked site for the full statement by Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, which is a lengthy but comprehensive and incisive summation of the Ukraine situation. From Viganò at lewrockwell.com.
Posted in Civil Liberties, Collapse, Crime, Geopolitics, Governments, History, Imperialism, Military, Morality, Politics, Propaganda, Psychology, Religion, Science, Tyranny, War
Tagged Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano, Ukraine